The Township Administrator is appointed by the Township Committee. The Administrator serves at the discretion of the Committee and is typically appointed to a 3-5 year term.
Administrator: Jack Terhune x2010 – [email protected]
The Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day business affairs of the Township. He develops and implements sound administrative and employment practices and procedures for all departments, offices, boards, commissions, authorities, and employees of the Township. He is also responsible for presenting recommendations to the Township Committee and implementing the final decision of the Committee.
The Administrator oversees the duties and responsibilities of all employees except those covered by ordinance.
Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Development of Municipal Budget making recommendations for current and capital budgets including salary administration. Continuously monitors the status of the accounts.
- Serves as the Personnel Officer, which is responsible for interviewing and hiring new employees, handling employee issues, as well as administering employee policy development and training.
- Manages various municipal programs such as building programs, FEMA reporting and handles grant management.
- Manages the Township insurance programs. Interacts with the insurance companies and the Township Attorney on relevant litigation matters.
- Deals with resolutions of numerous citizen complaints.
- Reviews and certifies all non-salary expenses prior to payment.
- Serves as a liaison between the Township Committee and other municipal boards, departments, offices, etc.
- Manages communications to the public
- Attends all Township Committee meetings or other meetings as requested by the Committee.